The Hale Family Sunflower Promise Scholarship was established to provide assistance to students who have completed two years at a Kansas community college and are furthering their education at a four-year secondary institution in Kansas.
Between $5,000 and $10,000
Kansas community college students who have completed two years of course work and wish to further their higher education at a four-year secondary institution in Kansas.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years of community college and wish to further their higher education at a four-year secondary institution in Kansas.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants should have demonstrated leadership, commitment, and the potential for betterment of Kansas while studying at the community college. These qualities will be verified through a letter of reference from a faculty member or community leader
- Applicants must submit an essay outlining what they want to accomplish with their education and how they hope to make Kansas a better place through their accomplishments.
- If awarded, half of the scholarship will be distributed during the 1st semester. In order to receive the second semester distribution, the recipient must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply as part of the total applicant pool, provided they have a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.