The Kansas Federation of Republican Women is the statewide arm of the National Federation of Republican Women and the local clubs in Kansas. Kansas clubs help with registering people to vote, working at polling places, driving citizens to the polls and numerous community service projects, including many literacy projects. In 2005 a Scholarship Fund was established so that the membership could assist a young woman from Kansas to continue her education at a Kansas college or university, per the requirements in the scholarship form.
Any Kansas College or University student
- Applicant must be female and currently attending a Kansas College or University, with a declared major of Political Science, History, Public Administration, Education, Law or Healthcare; entering her junior or senior year of undergraduate study, or attending graduate school.
- Student’s primary residence must be located in the state of Kansas.
- Student must be a registered member of the Republican Party.
- Student must be involved in extracurricular activities.
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must submit a 750 word essay outlining their activities in the political process.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for a second year, but must complete the entire application process and be judged against all new applicants.