Join our team and be a part of shaping the future of your community!
We are always looking for new additions to our team. If you don't see an open position that fits your interests please email your resume to: email@example.com and we will keep it on file for future openings!
Job Title: Donor & Nonprofit Services Assistant
Responsible to: VP of Community Impact
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary: Hiring Range: $15.00-$18,00/hr
Purpose: This position will support the Greater Salina Community Foundation’s (GSCF) Community Impact Team through operational and clerical support as well as donor, nonprofit and affiliate services.
The Assistant is a member of the Community Impact Team, a cross-collaborative team that helps donors and nonprofits make an impact in our community and region. This individual is a highly organized, collaborative team player that is responsible for assisting the Community Impact Team in building and maintaining relationships with donors, nonprofit staff, and board members.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help plan and coordinate education and stewardship events for donors, nonprofits, and professional advisors.
- Assist with stewardship activities, including ordering flowers, sending cards and thank you notes, and other mailings.
- Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings with donors, nonprofits, professional advisors, affiliates, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare fund agreements, fund reports, documents, and other information for meetings.
- Prepare reports using our donor software to track department or fund activity and performance.
- Update and document stewardship activities in databases.
- Onboard and assist fundholders with their online donor portal.
- Take minutes at committee meetings and assist with set up and clean up.
- Supports staff in the areas of Grants, Scholarships, and Affiliate relations.
- Assist in planning and execution of special projects and events such as Match Madness, scholarship banquet, and educational workshops- including registration, set up, catering, and clean up.
- Work with other Foundation staff members as needed.
- Acts as a back up to Executive Assistant during absences.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the VP of Community Impact.
Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organized and proactive with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Tactful with a high level of professional discretion, sound judgment, and experience handling confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent listener and able to help people translate their vision into action.
- Highly proficient user of technology including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and an interest in serving and helping others make an impact in our community and region.
- Familiarity with Greater Salina Community Foundation and its nonprofit community.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or associate’s degree and at least 3-5 years of clerical or administrative office experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This full-time, non-exempt position’s hiring range is $15.00-$18.00. Offered wage is commensurate with internal equity and pay ranges, local and national sector benchmarks, and candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience, and skills. Greater Salina Community Foundation offers a competitive benefits packages including:
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan (including employer contribution and match)
- professional development opportunities
WORKPLACE AND CULTURE
GSCF’s office is in the heart of downtown Salina on the 8th floor of the historic United Building with some of the best views in town! Our open office environment has a mix of private and open offices that foster collaboration and creativity. We promote a positive work culture that is family friendly and flexible.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, along with three references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org