About the Fund
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation of Logan, KS, partners with the Greater Salina Community Foundation (GSCF) and the Greater Northwest Kansas Community Foundation (GNWKCF) to help improve the quality of life for communities in 26 counties of Northwest Kansas.
GSCF and 11 of its affiliate foundations are allocated funding for grants to distribute to 14 counties for charitable projects through a competitive application process.
What do the funds support?
Grants will be awarded to projects or programs that address the following areas:
- Education: Enhances the learning environment and expands opportunities for students. Provides increased self-reliance on personal life skills and workforce capability.
- Health Care: Ensures access to quality health services and promotes healthy life practices.
- Community Social Services & Security: Enhance access to social services needed for individuals of special needs and supports systems to provide community disaster relief and general community emergencies.
- Conservation & Environment: Support efforts to improve and maintain high air and water quality, appreciation for our natural environment and enhances economic and social benefits of outdoor resources.
- Arts & Culture: Provide cultural and artistic opportunities to enhance the quality of life for local residents and to encourage tourism and the exchange of ideas.
- Community Beautification: Support efforts to improve and maintain public spaces to enhance community pride and encourage socialization among residents.
Preference will be given to applications that include community involvement and volunteerism.
Grants may not be awarded to:
- reduce or replace regular budgetary needs for programs or projects that are tax-supported
- support endowment or operational expenses