Donald A. Smischny Educator Scholarship Fund
Kansas high school seniors, students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs, or current professionals pursuing a teaching career at USD 327 in Ellsworth, Kansas.
- Applicants must be one of the following:
- A high school senior qualified for graduation from a high school in the state of Kansas planning to enter an accredited post-secondary institution as an undergraduate student;
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate students in good standing at an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Have received a baccalaureate (B.A. or B.S.) or graduate (M.A. or M.S.) degree from an accredited post-secondary institution, and may or may not currently be employed as a K-12 teachers; or
- Currently serving as a K-12 teacher, planning to obtain additional certification or skill enhancement at an accredited institution. Degrees received or sought must be in education, or in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) field.
- Applicants planning to or are currently attending a post-secondary institution must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- If the applicant is offered a scholarship, the applicant must commit to accepting a position at USD 327 with the expectation of serving USD 327 for a meaningful period of time depending upon personal and professional circumstances.
Scholarship recipients are eligible for renewal for up to three years providing the recipient satisfies one of the following criteria:
- Enrolled full-time at an accredited post-secondary institution and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale); OR
- Remain in good professional standing as determined by existing yearly evaluation procedures completed by USD 327.