Erik Erickson Memorial Scholarship
Erik Erickson graduated from Decatur Community High School in 1930. He passed away in 2006 and his children established a memorial scholarship in his honor. Mr. Erickson was a farmer and rancher and a state wrestling champion at Decatur Community High School.
At least $500.
Students graduating from Decatur Community High School
- Applicants must be a student in good standing qualifying for graduation from Decatur Community High School.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must provide one letter of reference from a high school instructor indicating that the applicant exhibits honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, good sportsmanship, attendance and citizenship.
- Applicants must submit an essay, no more than one page, which explains educational and career goals.
- Preference will be given to applicants who participated in wrestling while in high school.
Previous scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for renewal as part of the total applicant pool by meeting the following criteria:
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Must submit an essay which describes “What have you accomplished in your first year in college?”