Jody & Doyle Fredrickson Nursing & Health Scholarship
The family and friends of Jody Fredrickson, desiring to continue her memory, established a scholarship to a student for the purpose of promoting continued education. Preference is given to the nursing field, but all other health related fields will be considered.
At least one minimum $500 scholarship.
Graduates or seniors qualified for graduation from a high school within the Dane G. Hansen Foundation service area, which is defined as the 26 counties in northwest Kansas north of I-70 and west of I-135/Hwy 81.
Applicant must be a graduate of or qualified for graduation from from a high school within the Dane G. Hansen Foundation service area, which is defined as the 26 counties in northwest Kansas north of I-70 and west of I-135/Hwy 81. Preference will be given to applicants who are a graduate of or who are qualified from Decatur Community High School, Oberlin, KS.
- Applicant must plan to major in nursing or another health related field.
- Applicant must be accepted for admission to qualified post secondary school.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative high school GPA.
- Applicant must have demonstrated respect for students and citizens of the school and community.
- Applicant must have demonstrated leadership through active participation in school and community activities.
- Applicant must show reverence and concern for life.
- Applicant must have demonstrated a desire to achieve excellence by good school attendance.
- Applicant will provide three letters of recommendation from: a member of the clergy, an educator and a person of his/her choice.
This award is not renewable.