Kansas Federation of Republican Women Scholarship
The Kansas Federation of Republican Women is the statewide arm of the National Federation of Republican Women and the local clubs in Kansas. Kansas clubs help with registering people to vote, working at polling places, driving citizens to the polls and numerous community service projects, including many literacy projects. In 2005 a Scholarship Fund was established so that the membership could assist a young woman from Kansas to continue her education at a Kansas college or university, per the requirements in the scholarship form.
Any Kansas College or University student
- Applicants must be a female currently attending a Kansas College or University, with a declared major of Political Science, History, Public Administration, Healthcare, Law or Education.
- Applicants must be entering her junior or senior year of undergraduate study, or attending graduate school.
- Applicants must have a primary residence located in the state of Kansas.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be a registered member of the Republican Party.
- Applicants must be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Applicants must submit a 750 word essay outlining their activities in the political process.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply for a second year as part of the total applicant pool.