Larry and Millie Triplett Scholarship Fund
Triplett, Inc. service areas: Dickinson County, Ellis County, McPherson County, Russell County, Saline County, Sherman County, Thomas County, Trego County, and Wabaunsee County.
- Applicant must be a graduate or student in good standing qualifying for graduation from a Kansas high school in the following Triplett, Inc. service areas: Dickinson County, Ellis County, McPherson County, Russell County, Saline County, Sherman County, Thomas County, Trego County, and Wabaunsee County.
- Applicant must plan to enroll or be enrolled in a full-time course of study at a Kansas college, university, community college, or vocational/technical school in the academic year for which the scholarship is applied.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 to qualify for the scholarship, however, this shall not be used as a determining factor.
- Applicant must be thirty years of age or younger at the beginning of the academic year for which a scholarship is applied.
- Applicant must demonstrate good work ethic and involvement including but not limited to academics, extracurricular activities, and employment by submitting the following items:
- Letter of recommendation
- Essay explaining how they spend their time outside of school
- Applicants must submit personal statements addressing their plans after continuing their education. Preference shall be given to applicants that plan to return to a county in which Triplett, Inc., operates.
- Preference shall be given to applicants that demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply as part of the total applicant pool as long as they maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Preference will be given to previous scholarship recipients.
- Recipients may receive this scholarship for a maximum of 8 semesters total.